Tuesday 16 February 2010

what's been happening round here?

Watching this A LOT! Listening to the soundtrack A LOT!! Great fun TV! Proud to embrace my inner Gleek.

There's something about January and February which brings about almost complete lack of activity around here.

Not that we've been completely lazy. We've set about decluttering, which has left us with a pristine and minmal loft and has caused a lot of trips to charity shops and clothing bins. I also have a huge pile of Katy's better clothes to sell on eBay, which will go towards funding our summer holiday.
Which leads me neatly on to holiday planning. We're booked to return to here
So with any luck, and with good weather we'll be enjoying the sunshine in La Tranche sur Mer for the fifth time. Thoughts of moules et frite, cold beer, bread and cheese will sustain me through the rest of the winter. We looked at endless different options for getting there but decided on the ferry and driving our own bikes to the campsite. Which necessitated us going to buy me a bike, as buying one was much cheaper than hiring one. So since the weekend I've been the proud owner of this baby.I've had a few practice runs, including cycling to work once, and while I found it OK, a bit more fitness would definitely help! Those Harrow hills are killer!

On the return from the campsite, we're planning to spend a night at Puy de Fou, a historical theme park for a bit of a roman viking experience. Should be fun!

So lots of planning but a bit still to do. We've also got a 7th birthday to arrange!

No comments: