Sunday 14 September 2008

changes

Looking back from one year to the next; Katy's first day of reception and year one. Look how much she's grown!
Don't you just love those shiny first-day-of-school shoes. Needless to say they are already scuffed.
Been in a thoughtful mood this weekend since those of us who spend time over at Studio Calico learned of the tragic death of Aleida in a car accident leaving a husband and two young children. She was a huge part of the board and was a lovely warm, kind and oh so funny woman. I looked back through some of my layouts yesterday and she had left comments on nearly every one. Recently on her blog she had been thinking about how she needed to make more of an effort to step out from behind the camera and be in more of her photos, that one day she wouldn't be here and there wouldn't be any photos of her with her kids. Apart from giving me mega shivers, that definitely gave me something to think about. And something to work towards.

7 comments:

Helsbells said...

That's what I will remember Aleida for too - her comments. I don't know how she found the time and energy to leave such encouraging and meaningful comments on so many layouts.

A truly kind and sharing lady.

Love the school uniform photos - calling out for a layout!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

Hiya!
Look at your wee dolly - all dressed up and probably not wanting to go ;)
I loved new shoes too - we are twins!

Kelly said...

I totally agree. Somehow I don't think my kids will be too worried if I am fat, or my hair needs to be done or whatever...it will be the photos & memories they'll treasure.

AnnaMarie said...

Great pics of your daughter - and what a difference!

And yes...I think the loss of Aleida has all re-evaluating our presence in our photos with our children. Definitely something to work towards!

Susan Beth said...

Wow, she has grown up so much! So cute!

Getting into the pictures is a goal of mine too - thanks Aleida.

Elisa said...

Great photos, it is only looking back at photos that you realise how quickly children grow.

Looking forward seeing photos of you.

Anonymous said...

Cath, I see what you mean about the difference in pictures from one year to the next. Thanks for sharing!